Who uses DataSHIELD?
Current DataSHIELD Pilots
- GESA (GEnder-Sensitive Analyses of mental health trajectories and implications for prevention) Grant Number: BMBF FKZ 01GL1718A.
- MIRACUM (Medical Informatic in Research and Care in University Medicine) Grant number: BMBF FKZ 01ZZ1801B.
- InterConnect (MRC Epidemiology Unit, Cambridge) InterConnect is developing a global collaborative network for diabetes and obesity research, piloting DataSHIELD to facilitate a new approach to data sharing that is secure, scalable and sustainable. This includes data from 7 studies including ALSPAC.
- the BioSHaRE-EU Healthy Obese Project for the federated analysis of ten European studies including data from the National Child Development Study.
- the BioSHaRE-EU Environmental Core Project for the federated analysis of data from six European studies including UK Biobank.
Consortia Setting up DataSHIELD Pilots
- SPIRIT (University of Sherebrooke) intra-uterine determinants of child health and development and on perinatal health services in Quebec, Canada (3 studies) and Shanghai, China (1 study).
- ENPADASI (German Institute of Human Nutrition) will pilot DataSHIELD to deliver an open access research infrastructure that will contain data from a wide variety of nutritional studies, ranging from mechanistic/interventions to epidemiological studies including a multitude of phenotypic outcomes that will facilitate combined analyses in the future.
DataSHIELD Integration and Scoping Projects
- BRISSKit (University of Leicester) integrated DataSHIELD with i2b2 data warehouse for biomedical data.
- ARDC England (University of Southampton) and ARDC Wales (University of Swansea).
- AMASED project in collaboration with F1000Research scoped secure post publication data analysis
- AMASED project in collaboration with the British Library scoped the secure text analysis in the digital humanities
Other Interested Groups
- British Geological Survey
- Royal College of Physicians